Discovery Park targets small businesses with launch of new startup zone
Discovery Park is inviting small businesses to take a look at its new startup zone, as part of the science and technology park’s open day on 4 November.
The idea behind the new zone at the park in Sandwich, Kent, is to provide budding entrepreneurs and fledging companies with affordable office work space – from a simple desk space, to a bank of desks and even one and two person offices. Priced from as little as £150 per month, benefits include free Wi-Fi, shared breakout areas, photocopying facilities and more.
As well as providing an opportunity to view the startup zone, experts will be on hand with specialist advice, including Roger House, from the Centre for Micro Businesses, which provides support to very small businesses and Roger Gabriel, from Owl Communications and Training, which specialises in websites and social media for SMEs. Representatives from NatWest will also be in attendance to talk to guests and Rockstar Start Up, the UK’s largest mentoring organisation will be available for those wanting specialist advice.
Anna Stone, leasing manager at Discovery Park commented, “We now have nearly 100 businesses on site and we’re delighted to be able to market ourselves to small companies, with the launch of our dedicated startup zone. It’s a really flexible, cost effective option and a fantastic opportunity to network with other startups. Whether you are actively looking for an office base or thinking about options for the future, we’d invite you to come and take a look.”
About Discovery Park
* Discovery Park is Europe’s leading science and technology park, based on the outskirts of Sandwich, Kent
* The park is an Innovation Cluster where companies and organisations are encouraged to work together and share information. See our website for more details (www.discovery-park.co.uk)
* Providing world class facilities, Discovery Park has attracted a host of international companies from the life science, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, science and technology sectors
* Facilities include research and development laboratories and specialist niche manufacturing facilities, commercial office space and warehouse solutions
* Discovery Park benefits from being Enterprise Zone status
Issued by Pillory Barn on behalf of Discovery Park Ltd
Posted on 29/10/2014