Dover Western Docks Revival heads for Multimodal 2015, NEC Birmingham, 28-30 April
A unique opportunity
The Port of Dover and MOTIS will be at Multimodal 2015 at the NEC Birmingham from 28-30 April.
The Port of Dover has made its name as the busiest international Ro-Ro ferry port in Europe, working hard to keep the UK economy moving. Currently transforming the Eastern Docks ferry terminal for future growth, now the Port is embarking on the transformation of the Western Docks with its flagship project, Dover Western Docks Revival (DWDR). DWDR will create a new cargo terminal, new port-centric distribution facility and an exciting waterfront development that will transform the Port and Dover together.
In a unique marriage of East meets West, DWDR will provide the ultimate strategic location next to the convenient ferry terminal that will provide the supply chain with fast and direct access into Europe on the shortest sea crossing.
Cut time, cut costs, cut wastage, cut emissions
Reducing lorry miles, saving CO2 and shortening logistics chains, the Port of Dover is perfectly placed to take European logistics to the next level and give businesses a competitive edge. The Port of Dover is open for business and is committed to working with companies looking to maximise the potential opportunities that such partnerships can bring:
- Located strategically at the heart of North West Europe – on one of the world’s busiest shipping lanes
- Two strategic road connections accessing the rest of the UK and Ireland on your doorstep
- Use the UK as your European hub – quick and regular access to the French motorways via Calais and Dunkirk into Europe – no quicker sea route to the continent
- Gaining longer shelf life through location
- Experienced workforce with outstanding expertise in handling temperature controlled cargo
- Developing port centric distribution at the Port itself – no need for those extra inbound lorry miles
- To backfill containers and freight vehicles by smarter logistics
You can visit the Port of Dover team on Stand 969 at Multimodal 2015 at the NEC Birmingham from 28-30 April.
Issued by Port of Dover Corporate Affairs
Posted on 17/04/2015