New arrivals and growing stories for businesses at Discovery Park
From science companies to general businesses, this year has seen over forty new arrivals and expansions at Discovery Park – with more investment and jobs to come in 2017.
Among the latest companies to open offices at the South East’s leading science, technology and enterprise hub are SCI Innovative Building Control Systems, Gemini Fundraising and MP Associates.
They join Start Up Zone newcomers - Ideal4U Marketing and business growth platform F6S - in taking space within Innovation House, Discovery Park’s main hub for entrepreneurs, general and science support companies.
Among those companies taking extra space as 2016 draws to a close are BSPG Laboratories Ltd, Intensichem and Scitegrity, which offer a range of specialist services to the pharmaceutical industry – on site, across the UK and around the world.
The New Year will see the completion of 70,000 sq. ft of manufacturing space, with OFP Timber Frames Homes Ltd on course to open its new 22,000 sq. ft. production facility in the first quarter of 2017. With the total number of jobs now past the 2,500 milestone, Discovery Park remains on course to reach a target of 3,000 by the end of next year.
Activity on the site of the new £160m bio-mass facility – set for completion in the latter half of 2018 - will also step up a gear as foundation works end and construction of a structure that will eventually provide all the power and heating for Discovery Park gets underway.
Lauren Moore, Leasing Executive, Discovery Park said: “It’s been another busy year for Discovery Park welcoming a diverse range of businesses to the site - from NatWest, our first bank, to Curadev, joining a cluster of science companies involved in cutting edge research of new approaches to tackling disease.
“These latest arrivals and expansions are testament to the importance of Discovery Park to the East Kent economy, and we look forward to that success continuing as we enter 2017 and beyond – with more jobs and more opportunities. Watch this space.”
About Discovery Park
- Discovery Park is Europe’s leading science and technology park, based on the outskirts of Sandwich, Kent
- The park is an Innovation Cluster where companies and organisations are encouraged to work together and share information
- Providing world class facilities, Discovery Park has attracted a host of international companies from the life science, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, science and technology sectors
- Facilities include research and development laboratories and specialist niche manufacturing facilities, commercial office space and warehouse solutions
- Discovery Park benefits from Enterprise Zone status
- Discovery Park is home to over 150 companies and more than 2,500 employees.
Posted on 19/12/2016