Home Bargains Invest in Dover with £4m new store
Home Bargains has invested approximately £4 million in its new store in Dover, which will be officially opened at 8.00 am on Saturday 24 October 2020.
As one of the UK’s largest family-run retailers, Home Bargains is creating 120 new jobs in the local community with its store on Honeywood Road.
It will also be donating £2,000 to the local charity, Dover smART Project, which aims to support and enhance the extraordinary lives of people in the local community through creative projects.
The new Dover store will join over 500 outlets across the UK. Opening approximately 50 stores a year, Home Bargains is bucking current trends in the industry.
Richard Salisbury, the new Dover store manager, said: “We’re thrilled to be opening our new store in Dover this Saturday and look forward to welcoming customers through its doors.”
Cllr Trevor Bartlett, the Leader of Dover District Council, said: "We're delighted to welcome Home Bargains to Dover, demonstrating the district's continued appeal with retail investors. I am particularly delighted that the new store has created 120 new jobs for local people."
The 33,000 sq ft store, which has 194 parking spaces, is adjacent to Tesco Extra, B&M, B&Q, Warehouse and Lidl, and will offer shoppers a range of products, including homewares, health and beauty essentials, sweets, snacks and drinks, as well as fresh and frozen food.
The new store also has an on-site café serving hot and cold refreshments for customers, as well as a garden centre that boasts a fantastic range of plants, soils and garden décor at amazing prices.
Richard added: “Honeywood Road will be a great location for us and we’re proud to be able to offer local people top-branded goods at exceptionally low prices.”
With more than five million customers each week, Home Bargains is one of the country’s best-loved discount retailers, stocking top-quality branded goods at low prices.
For more information on the ranges available, visit www.homebargains.co.uk.
Note to editors:
- Home Bargains is one of the UK’s fastest-growing discount retailers, selling top quality, branded goods at low prices, including health and beauty, household, toys, sweets and snacks, home interiors and drinks and alcohol
- Established over 40 years ago in Old Swan, Liverpool, the family-owned and family-run business has grown to become one of the largest privately-owned companies in the UK
- The company has over 500 stores in the UK and employs over 20,000 staff
- The company intends to continue its rapid expansion and has ambitious plans to grow to 800 stores and 35,000 staff
- The store will be opening at Honeywood Road, Dover, CT16 3PT
Posted on 22/10/2020