Latest Business Funding Schemes
- Growing Kent & Medway Collaborative R&D Grant Funding (applications close at 11am on 20 October 2021) - Grants of between £50,000 and £250,000 are available to support projects of between 18-30 months in duration for R&D projects that support net zero ambitions through the development of environmentally sustainable technologies, processes or products.
Business Grants (Dover District Council)
Dover District Council's grants schemes offer up to £10,000 to:
- bring commercial properties back into use
- upgrade or improve the appearance of empty premises in designated town centre areas in Dover, Deal and Sandwich
- upgrade properties to reduce carbon and become more environmentally friendly
More on the Town Centre Business Grants scheme »
Support for Small Businesses
- South East Business Boost »
The South East Business Boost (SEBB) programme provides free support to start ups and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) within the South East. Offering a tailored mix of practical advice, grant funding options, coaching and workshops, SEBB work with new and established businesses to help them realise their growth goals. Grants between £1,000 - £10,000 for new and existing SMEs (100% start up grants for new businesses).
- Start Up Loans – Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce »
The Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce is helping people in Kent to realise their entrepreneurial ambitions with low interest loans of up to £25,000. Support is available for those aged over 18 with pre-start or early start (less than 24 months old) business ideas. Successful applicants will also receive free monthly mentoring and skills training for a full year.
- Low Carbon Workspaces »
The Low Carbon Across the South and East (LoCASE) programme is supported by the European Regional Development Fund to provide a free business support programme in the South and East. The aim is to help your business to become more competitive and profitable while protecting the environment and encouraging low carbon solutions. To do this, LoCASE provides grants for businesses of up to £10,000 as well as training workshops and fully funded events. Targeted business support is on offer for companies who offer “green” or low carbon goods and services.
- New Enterprise Allowance »
From the Department for Work and Pensions, the New Enterprise Allowance gives money and help to support to start-up businesses. You need to be receiving certain benefits and have a business idea that could work.
- UnLtd »
UnLtd are a charity that find, fund, and support Social Entrepreneurs to bring their ideas to life and build sustainable social ventures
- Kent and Medway Business Fund »
0% loans between £50,000 and £500,000 for small and medium sized businesses
- Innovation loans »
0% loans to small and medium sized businesses
- Kent Life Science Fund (KLSF) »
A fund that invests in small high-growth companies active in life sciences.
- No Use Empty loan »
Loans for property owners to convert empty buildings into quality residential housing
- Start Up Loan »
Low interest loans for pre-start and early stage businesses. Borrow up to £25,000 at a 6% fixed interest rate
- Rate Relief »
There are a number of rate reliefs available from Dover District Council including small business rate relief, retail discount and rural rate relief.